Both branches of the Shiawassee District Library (SDL) continue to be closed in compliance with Governor Whitmer’s executive order. While it is hoped that the library will be allowed to reopen soon, users are encouraged to make use of the services which are still available.
• E-books and downloadable audio books are available through the Libby app. There are also a wide variety of e-magazines available through RB Digital. More information on how to access these items is available at http://sdl.lib.mi.us/downloadables.html.
• Ancestry.com com is available remotely through the end of May. This service can be accessed on the SDL Library Catalog page, https://sdl.biblionix.com/catalog/. Start by logging in at the top of the page, and then scroll down the same page to find the “Ancestry.com Library Edition” link. Materials may still be returned in the book drops. They will be cleaned and quarantined before they are lent out again upon reopening.
• To apply for a card, click on the “sign up” button at the top of the aforementioned SDL Library Catalog page. These cards are for the temporary use of digital materials only. Upon reopening, patrons will be able to sign up for an actual physical card.
• Expired cards in good standing may be renewed for a limited period of time by contacting the library via email at email@example.com. Be sure to include the card number and name of the cardholder.
• Free WiFi access is available outside both buildings.
Neither branch is currently accepting the donation of books or other materials. In addition, with the cancellation of both Railroad Days in Durand and the Curwood Festival in Owosso, the summer book sales have been indefinitely postponed.
Staff may still be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Call (989) 725-5134 to leave a message for the Owosso branch, or (989) 288-3743 for the Durand Memorial branch. Messages will be returned as quickly as possible.
Additional information, changes and reopening information will be shared though the media and on the “Shiawassee District Library” social media page as it becomes available.