The Shiawassee County Board of Commissioners is seeking interested and qualified individuals to serve on a number of boards and committees. County residents interested in being considered for an appointment should – by 5 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 22 – submit a cover letter stating their interest and resume to: Board of Commissioners, 201 N. Shiawassee St., Corunna, MI 48817; or by email to email@example.com.
The following boards may have upcoming vacancies. Required areas of representation are noted.
• Community Corrections Advisory Board: Criminal Defense Attorney, General Public, Media representative, Business representative, Community Service representative, Probation representative
• Economic Development Corporation (Brownfield Redevelopment Authority): A Brownfield Redevelopment Authority provides the county with the opportunity to create a local brownfield financing resource, enhance local economic development capacities and market difficult sites based on the private investment incentives.
• GLS Region: General Public
• Health Board
• Housing Program Advisory Council
• Mid-West Michigan Trail Authority
• Parks and Recreation Commission
• Planning Commission: Industrial representative, Education representative, Government representative
• Sanitary Board of Appeals: General Public
• Solid Waste Management Committee: Township Government representative, Environmental Interest representative, General Public representative, Solid Waste Industry representative, S.W. Regional Planning Representative
• Valley Area Agency on Aging: Board of Directors (Senior), Advisory Council (Senior)
• Zoning Board of Appeals
Members must live within the Shiawassee County Zoning Jurisdiction. Member of the board must not reside in a city, village, Caledonia Township or Owosso Township.