One again it is campaign season and the election is quickly approaching. In the first four years serving as your sheriff, a lot has been accomplished with the assistance of deputies, employees, and the community.
Some of the highlights include:
• Establishment of a jail garden that has produced over 100,000 pounds of fresh produce for the jail kitchen and local pantries
• Implemented active shooter trainings and procedures for schools and churches.
• Restored K-9 unit service and increased road patrol
• Completion of new central dispatch center
• Established towing policy for consumer protection and equity to business owners
• Updated outdated and unsafe equipment for deputies, including vehicles, firearms and uniforms
• Reduced departmental spending and worked hard to do more with less resources
While my opponent, along with some local social and print media outlets, prefer to tear down the progress made, I will continue to work hard everyday to improve your sheriff’s office. In addition, during these recent times of uncertainty due to COVID-19 and civil protests, I will always continue to balance and protect your constitutional rights while at the same time ensuring public safety.
Sheriff Brian BeGole